Famous horticulturist and educator, Liberty Hyde Bailey
, designed this building as the first separate horticulture laboratory in America. Completed in 1888, the structure contained rooms for classes and botanical experiments. It exemplified Bailey's pioneering work in scientific investigation of plant life. Its present name commemorates Harry J. Eustace, former chairman of the Horticulture Department. The Honors College now occupies the building.