Musgrove Evans built this dwelling in 1826. It is the oldest frame house in Tecumseh and believed to be the oldest still standing in Lenawee County. Evans was a pioneer settler in this area. He platted the the village of Tecumseh, served as its first postmaster and probate judge, and helped organize Michigan's first temperance society. Used as an inn and home, the Evans House was moved to this location in 1886 from the northeast corner of Ottawa Street and Chicago Boulevard. However, its appearance has changed little over the years.