Michigan's first congressman lived here from the early 1840's until his death in 1854. Located on lots one and two, original plat, lower village, the house was a wedding gift from his father-in-law, Judge Abner Pratt.
Arriving here in 1831, Crary was a member of Michigan's first constitutional convention. He was three times elected to congress, and twice to the legislature. In 1961 the building became the office of Marshall Savings and Loan Assn.