This tall stately Gothic Style church with its elegant wood interior was built in 1874 during Sanilac County's great lumbering era. The Reverend A. B. Flower came to Lexington as a missionary in 1869 and started this congregation known as the Church of the Good Shepherd. Among its active members was Mary Moore who married Albert Sleeper, governor of Michigan from 1917 to 1920. Sleeper served as vestry-man and warden of the church until moving to Bad Axe. Since 1972 this has been the Lexington Chapel of Trinity Episcopal Church.