Meadow Brook Hall
Home of Alfred G. and Matilda Dodge Wilson (widow of John Dodge), this Tudor style mansion was built in 1926-29. William E. Kapp of Smith, Hinchman and Grylls designed the Hall, incorporating details from famous homes of England. Mr. and Mrs. Wilson deeded the Hall and its 1400-acre estate to Michigan State University in 1957 to found what is now Oakland University. The Hall opened to the public in September 1971 as a conference and cultural center of the University.