Packard Motor Car Company

Packard Motor Car Company

The Packard Motor Car Company, which built Detroit's first, and for many years most prestigious, luxury cars, built of 1.5 million vehicles on this site from 1903 to 1954. The factory complex, designed by Albert Kahn, included the city's first use of reinforced concrete for industrial construction. At its opening, it was considered the most modern automobile manufacturing facility in the world. Its skilled craftsmen practiced over eighty trades.

Other buildings designed by Albert Kahn


Registered Site S0546
Erected 1982

Location: 1580 East Grand Blvd
Detroit, Wayne County

Topics:
Auto Industry
Missing Markers

Evidence indicates that this Marker is no longer in place.

Home

Latitude: 42.3786025, Longitude: -83.0273026

© 2018 - MichMarkers.com