Detroit College of Law
Established in 1891, the Detroit College of Law was the first law school in the Detroit area and the second one in Michigan. The college, which opened in 1892 with sixty-nine students, was incorporated in 1893. Included in the first graduating class were men who became circuit court judges, a supreme court justice and an ambassador. Since its inception, the college has been a privately funded, coeducational institution devoted to professional education in law.