Michigan Masonic Home
In November 1885 the Michigan Masonic Home Association was established to raise funds for a home and health care facility for aged Masons. In 1891 Michigan's first Masonic Home, located on Reeds Lake near Grand Rapids, was opened. When fire destroyed in in 1910, Alma businessman and philanthropist Ammi W. Wright donated the former Alma Sanitarium as a replacement. The Masons used that structure for twenty years. In 1929 the Masons began construction of a new home on this 116 acre site. The first residents moved into the new facility in 1931. Since 1931 several additions have combined to create this diverse residential and nursing care facility operated by the Grand Lodge of Free and Accepted Masons of Michigan.