Central Title Service Building

Registered Site S0584

Central Title Service Building

On August 6, 1845, the first graduation ceremony for the University of Michigan was held in this building, which was then the First Presbyterian Church. Founded in 1817 in Detroit, the first university of the state moved to Ann Arbor in 1837, the year this building was constructed. Graduations were held here for the next eleven years and then moved to other church locations until the University of Michigan constructed a building large enough for this purpose.
photo of Central Title Service Building



Erected 1986

Location: 213 East Washington
Ann Arbor, Washtenaw County

Topics:
State Universities

Latitude: 42.280526, Longitude: -83.749961

© 2019 - MichMarkers.com