St. Joseph's Church
St. Joseph's Church originated as a missionary church during the 1850s. Priests from Adrian, Clinton, Manchester, Tecumseh and Monroe served the parish until the first resident priest arrived in 1954. The original church, which is still part of the present structure, was constructed by Irish pioneers. In 1863 the first Mass was held in the church, The tower and stained-glass windows were added in 1911. In 1928, Father Joseph Pfeffer from St. Mary's in Manchester served here and oversaw the enlargement and remodeling of the church to its present form. The transept was built and nave enlarged, transforming the church to a cruciform plan. The red tile roof, the tower and the use of mosaic, tile and wrought iron in the interior give the church its Spanish Mission flavor.