St. Katherine's Chapel
This building was erected about 1887 for John Forster, an early surveyor in the Lake Superior Copper Country. In 1888 the chapel, named in memory of Forster's daughter Kitty, was presented to the Protestant Episcopal Diocese of Michigan. Simple in design and workmanship, the chapel seems to be the work of an unsophisticated country builder. The interior is completely paneled with naturally finished pine with black accents.