First Baptist Church
This Church, Michigan's oldest Baptist Church was begun in 1821 by a small band of pioneers who came to Pontiac through the forest and swamp from Mt. Clemens. In 1824 Elkanah Comstock became the Church's first pastor. The congregation met in homes, the school-house, and the courthouse until it dedicated its only building in 1841. In 1896 the Church moved to its present location. Fifty-five years later, on July 1, 1951 this building was dedicated. The Church's large missionary program is well known.