This country schoolhouse, one of a vanishing type, was built in 1859 and named after Ira Beckley, an early settler. During the first year, thirty-three pupils used a library of forty-two books for a seven-month session. Instruction was offered in grades one through eight, but attendance was irregular in the early years. The maple tree which now surrounded the building were planted by order of the district school board in 1866. Beckley school provided education for neighborhood children until 1957.