Old Cheboygan County Courthouse
When Cheboygan County was organized in 1853, the courthouse was located in Duncan (now a part of the city of Cheboygan). In 1860 the County Board of Supervisors moved the county seat to Inverness Township and purchased this property from Bela Chapman. This courthouse, built by J.F.Watson in 1869 at a cost of $3,000, held its last circuit court session in 1899. Since then it has served as a fire station, a church and a community center.