Erected by Andrew Mann in 1835, this structure is reported to be the first brick building in Calhoun County. National House was also known as Mann's Hotel. It served travelers passing through Marshall and hosted political and community gatherings. Over the years it has been called, among other names, the Acker House and Facey House. Its varied history includes use as a wagon and windmill factory. This two-story, low gabled building has been restored to its original appearance and use as an inn.