This building was a girls dormitory erected in 1909 for the Benzonia Academy. Named Mills Cottage in honor of the Reverend Harlow S. Mills, pastor of Benzonia Congregational Church
from 1896 to 1916, it became property of that church when the Academy closed in 1918. Renamed Mills Community House, it hosts local gatherings and houses a public library. Its purposes are consistent with the educational and religious beliefs held by the town's early settlers.