Clinton Woolen Mill
The Clinton Woolen Mill was a vital part of the economy of this area for over ninety years. Clinton's original mill was completed in 1867 at a cost of $95,000. Fire destroyed that structure in 1886. In less than a year the mill was back in operation in the present building, the second to be erected here. The mill had the necessary equipment and skilled workers for making wool and for complex dye processing. One of the last woolen mills in the area, this company discontinued operations in 1957.