Benzonia Congregational Church
Early in the 1850's Congregationalists came to this area to found the community of Benzonia and a Christian college. In 1860 the Reverend Charles E. Bailey, a prime figure behind the organization of the community and the college, helped organize the area's first church with eighteen members. Erected in 1884/87, this Gothic Revival style building served the congregation until 1968. In 1969 the building became the Benzie Area Historic Museum.