Royal Aldrich, a native of Farmington, New York, built this two-story Greek Revival farmhouse around 1840. His brother Esek, had purchased the 320-acre site from the United States government in 1823. Esek never lived here, but sold the property to Royal, who settled here in 1839. The house retains its original clapboard siding, interior woodwork, doors and hardware. It is supported by fourteen-inch to sixteen inch walnut beams and a cobblestone basement foundation.