Delta Mills Schools
On this site in 1839, residents of Delta Mills built their first school. A one-room woodframe structure, it could seat sixty-five. In 1940 the building was remodeled and a second classroom was added. Although the township district was annexed to the Grand Ledge School District in 1956, grades one through eight continued to be taught in the old building until 1958. That year, the old schoolhouse was replaced with a modern structure which served students until 1982.