This house was built for William Sutherland in 1921. A prefabricated semi-bungalow, it was constructed by the Lewis Manufacturing Company of Bay City, which built many such bungalows in Michigan between 1914 and 1940. Sutherland, a horticulturist and land developer, owned a large section of land in southwest Plymouth. After building this house, the first in the area, Sutherland sold the remaining lots to the city for the Sunshine Acres subdivision. Sutherland Street is named in his honor.