This Queen Anne style house built circa 1890, was owned by automotive pioneer Charles W. Nash (1864-1948). Born in Illinois, Nash worked on area farms before forming a successful hay processing firm, "Adams and Nash," in 1882. He was hired by the Flint Road Cart Company
as a cushion stuffer at $1.00 a day in 1890. He later became general-manager and vice president of the Durant-Dort Carriage Company, general-manager of the Buick Motors Company
(1910) and president of Buick and the General Motors Corporation (1912). In 1916 he formed the Nash Motor Company.