Al Meyers Airport
The Al Meyers Airport is a privately owned airport designed for public use. It was established in 1939 -40 by a twenty-seven-year-old airman, designer and manufacturer, Al Meyers (1908 - 1976). When World War II broke out, Meyers received a contract to build planes for pilot training under the Civilian Pilot Training Program. He selected Tecumseh for his production site. His government contract ended just prior to the close of the war; however, he continued to manufacture planes for private use until 1966. This field, originally the Tecumseh Municipal Airport, was renamed Al Meyers Airport in 1975. The airport is still privately owned and is used for transporting manufactured goods and for the restoration of all types of airplanes, especially the Meyers plane.