North Channel Shooting Club
The North Channel Shooting Club was organized in 1869. Detroit sportsmen arrived at the club by ferryboat, interurban railroad and private yachts. After the 1920s automobiles increasingly allowed Detroiters to spend leisure time farther from the city. This trend, as well as the Depression and Prohibition, caused club membership to decline. The Chrysler Yacht Club purchased the property in 1967 and restored the decaying 1869 clubhouse. In 1981 the name of was changed to the North Channel Yacht Club.