Sacred Heart Academy
In 1889, Sacred Heart Academy was organized as a school for St. Charles Church, which was established in 1872. That year a new church was built here and the parish was renamed Most Sacred Heart of Jesus. Father John J. Crowley moved the old church to an adjacent lot and used it as a school, which was run by the Dominican Sisters. Saginaw architect Clarence W. Cowles designed this building, constructed in 1908; The addition was built in 1955; the elementary school in 1964.