1845 Eaton County Courthouse
This building served as Eaton County's courthouse from 1846 to 1872. The first courthouse was built in Bellevue in the 1830s. In 1840, Charlotte became the county seat, and in 1844 the county supervisors voted to erect a new courthouse on the public square. The Greek Revival structure was built at a cost of $1,000 by S.E. Millett and Lewis Scout. In 1872 the Episcopal church bought the courthouse. After many uses, the building was rehabilitated by Historic Charlotte Incorporated, to resemble its original form.