Douglas Union School
In 1866, faced with the growth of what were then separate villages of Douglas and Dudleyville, Saugatauk Township District No. 3 and 4 merged to form Union District No. 3. The Douglas Union School opened for classes in September 1866. One male and one female teacher taught 129 pupils that year. Early newspapers reported church services, concerts and social events taking place in the building's second floor hall. When it closed in 1957, the school had four classrooms. They were converted to apartments during the 1960s. The bell, made by the Buckeye Bell Foundry of Cincinnati was removed and relocated to the new elementary school.