Hamlin District No. 15 School
In 1853, Warren and Sophia Ford deeded land for a school to Eaton Rapids School District No. 15. In 1869 the land became part of Hamlin Township. This one-room school, erected in 1884 with decorative Eastlake details, replaced one built in 1873. The "bay window school" was used as a public school facility until 1970. Because of its proximity to the Tri-County Electrical Cooperative formed in 1938, it was one of the first rural schools to receive electricity.