Saint Paul Catholic School and Convent
In 1886 the Convent of the Sacred Heart began providing free education to the children of Saint Paul Catholic Parish. In 1926 the church committee decided to build an elementary and high school. Ground was broken in January 1927. A new convent constructed behind the school housed the Dominican nuns who served as teachers. The Detroit architectural firm Smith, Hinchman & Grylls, designed the original portions of both structures. Additions were built in 1951 and 1963.