Brown City Banner
Published under the motto "Our Community is our Hive. The Rights of the People, our Queen" The Brown City Bee debuted on January 23, 1891. Owner James A. Menzies named the newspaper for the "business-like fellow" who ensures "that matters are kept 'humming' about him." He renamed the paper The Brown City Banner in December 1891. School Superintendent Loftis Howse managed the Banner from 1892 to 1912. The paper has informed Sanilac, Lapeer and St. Clair county readers for more than a century.