Leroy Township School District No. 6
In 1856 Webberville's first school was built on the Lansing and Howell plank road, present-day Grand River Avenue. In 1872 the William McPherson family recorded the first plat for the village, originally named LeRoy. Four years later a three-room wooden school was built on Main Street on land donated by the McPherson's. The school accommodated a growing population, spurred by increased activity brought about by the plank road and the Detroit, Lansing & Lake Michigan Railroad. In 1912 the present school was completed; it served as a high school until 1960. The building is a rare Michigan example of a school in continuous use for over eighty years.