Second Baptist Church
In 1851 the Reverends J.W. Hackley and D.G. Lett organized the Second Baptist Church under the Anti-Slavery Baptist Association. The first of four churches -- a log building -- was erected on the southeast corner of Sixth and Ferry streets. In 1872 the building was moved to the northeast corner, where the present church stands. During the construction of the third church in 1950 - 51 the congregation was renamed the Mount Calvary Baptist Church. In 1971 a new sanctuary was added to the structure.