Hanover High School
Located on one of Hanover's most prominent sites, this former school was erected in 1911. Built in the Georgian Revival style, this town landmark exemplifies a school design popular during the early twentieth century. Citizens named the school's site "College Hill" and called the teachers "professor" to show respect. In 1934 depression era Emergency Relief Act funds paid for construction of the gymnasium addition. Grades one through twelve met here until 1946, and middle schools classes were held in the building until it closed in 1962. The school was threatened with demolition until 1977 when the Hanover - Horton Area Historical Society acquired it for use as a museum.