Union Church and Cemetery
In 1857 Protestants of different denominations established a church and cemetery on property purchased from Zera and Elize Wright. They dedicated the Greek Revival style Union Church on July 4, 1858. The denominations held services on alternating Sundays until 1915. Throughout the years elaborate Memorial Day celebrations have been held at the church. The Ladies Aid Society has maintained the church since 1891.