Lincoln Park Post Office
The 1938 Lincoln Park Post Office was the first non-branch post office in this Detroit suburb. Erected by the United States Treasury Department, the building marked Lincoln Park's coming of age as a city with a large enough population to warrant its own facility. Architect Louis A. Simon designed the classicist building, which is typical of Depression era architecture. The building's interior was lavishly decorated with special materials including several types of marble, birch paneling, and maple flooring. Although sparse in detail, three carved stone panels above the main entrance symbolize the modes of transportation by which mail was delivered at the time: by surface, by air, and by water.