Independent Congregational Church
Congregationalists joined Presbyterians in organizing a church in 1836. When a split occurred in 1883, they formed the Independent Congregational Church. Chicago architect Joseph C. Llewwllyn designed this Neo-classical church, built in 1907, to accommodate 800 people. Weekly radio broadcasts of Sunday services, begun by the Reverend Doctor Carleton Brooks Miller in 1930, continued into the twenty-first century.