In 1851, Patrick McGlone (1810 -1884) settled near here. Later, he built a one-story building that he names "Juniata House" where he provided lodging and food for travelers, as well as "good Barns" stocked "with hay and grain." His family served travelers for fourteen years. They sold the house in 1898. Two other families lived there before Eugene Leonard purchased in in 1910. He completed the two-story addition in 1915. In 2002, the Leonard family donated the Greek Revival style house to the Watrousville-Caro Area Historical Society.