After demolishing its original hall, Covington Township built this hall on the same site in 1934 with support from the Civil Works Administration, a program created to alleviate the Great Depression. The Hall became a center for community life and local government. It provided classrooms for the school when needed. In 1986 township offices moved to a newly-opened multi-purpose building on M-28. The Covington Historical Society converted the Hall into a museum in 1997.