The Golden Tower of the Fisher Building has brightened the skyline of metropololitan Detroit since 1928. Called Detroit's largest art object, the Fisher Brothers, developers of the closed automobile, erected the building for their offices. Architect Albert Kahn received the Architectural League's Silver Medal designating this as the most beautiful commercial structure of the year. Outside metallic trim is solid bronze. Gold leaf dominates the hand-painted arcade ceiling, and marble from all over the world graces both the exterior and the interior of the building. Shop, restaurants, art galleries, business offices and the renowned Fisher Theatre are housed within its walls. Underground walkways connect the Fisher Building to the General Motors World Headquarters and the New Center Building.