Bluffton Actors' Colony
In 1908, Joe Keaton, actor Paul Lucier, and agent Lew Earl founded the Actors' Colony. By 1911 over two hundred theater personalities flocked to Bluffton each summer. They included Keaton, his wife, Myra and his son Joseph Frank, nicknamed "Buster," who were billed as "The Three Keatons." Pascoe's Place, a local tavern, became the unofficial club headquarters. By 1918, film began replacing vaudeville and the Actors' Colony declined.